UPDATE: Since my original post, I've changed:
* ssh-keygen should be executed as the vagrant user.
* copying the public keys should be done as the vagrant user.
* there is no reason to avoid the 'Warning' message by running "ls -l" into the nodes via ssh.
* run ssh-keygen for both dsa and rsa.
I make no claims the process below is the best technique. It does seem to work. The steps below are for a three node cluster.
1. When provisioning, run the following commands as root. These commands provide each node with its own private and public keys. And copy the public keys to the shared directory.
2. Create a file called /vagrant/files/post_spinup_sudo_setup_ssh.sh with the contents below. Use chmod to make it executable. This file will get run as root after the nodes are started and configured.
# Add nodes to known hosts to avoid the security question.
While working to install OpenStack in a VirtualBox Ubuntu instance I ran into an issue running the 'nova-manage version' command. The error was of the form:
Failed to parse /etc/nova/nova.conf ... No ':' or '=' found in assignment
The resolution was fairly easy. Some of the parameters needed True or False values.
Apparently an older version of nova-manage used both name and value in the configruation. But a newer version wants just the name. (or vice versa - it's not clear to me).
I assigned True or False to each parameter that produced an error message. About five of them. I choose True or False at whim. When no more errors were reported, the program reported the following version: