To work as a team leader on complex projects using Java or
Oracle in the
I am highly-experienced with Java, Oracle, and ColdFusion. While at Cordiem, Inc, I architected a complex Data Model to hold over 6 million airline part master records and over 20 million airline inventory records. While at onProject, Inc, I reduced their issues list by 50% and introduced the Nested Tree Model to improve software efficiency. While at Toysrus.com, I worked with In-Memory Data Structures to create an efficient catalog-based e-commerce application for the 3rd most visited website in 1999.
Ant (1 yr) ColdFusion (7 yrs) DHTML (2 yrs)
Jboss (1 yr) Oracle (4 yrs) Perl (3 yrs)
SQL (7 yrs) Tomcat (1 yr) XML (4 yrs)
Mensa: Lifetime Member
Collaborated with Robin Roos on a “Reference
Data Framework” white paper that focsed on Java
Data Objects (JDO).
PHP Programming Browser-Based Applications
Shell Programming Tools
¨ Perl 5 by Example
8/2001 – 2/2003 Cordiem,
Consultant, Lead Architect & Developer
Improved team efficiency by providing Oracle 9i packages, mentoring email messages, and a framework to synthesize ColdFusion templates (for the User Interface) and WebLogic EJBs (for the Business Logic) into a unified system to emphasize the strengths of each technology.
· Developed data model holding information about Airplane Inventory; including Part Masters, Serialized and non-Serialized parts. This data model proved efficient at handling over 6 million part master and 20 million inventory records.
· Wrote Oracle 9i packages to handle all insert, update, and delete tasks to improve efficiency of ColdFusion application.
· Wrote Java servlet to mediate between ColdFusion and WebLogic.
· Extended the Struts Validator to handle Field definition, Field Groups and Form-level validation.
· Used Ant and xDoclet to create EJBs on Jboss and WebLogic.
10/2000– 8/2001 onProject,
Director, R&D Cedar Knolls, NJ
Reduced issue list by 50% in first three months by refocusing resources. Introduced the Nested Tree Model for efficient storage and retrieval of hierarchical information.
1/1999 – 10/2000 Toysrus.com
Manager, Internet Applications
Supervised a team of 15 of ColdFusion developers. Devised In-Memory Data Structure to efficiently handle pricing rules, adhoc queries, group hierarchies, and product information across the 300-server cluster. Developed an XML-based method of quickly loading information during server initialization.
· Used ColdFusion to manage the 300 server cluster capable of processing 10,000 simultaneous users.
· Developed content management system including web page snippets, snippet attributes. A group hierarchy controled the display of page snippets, which can be overridden using a sophisticated web-based editting system.
· 1998 - While at Princeton Review, completed 21-day assignment in 7 days. Evaluated SQL and made modifications to reduce database loads. Performed site-wide optimization to reduce ColdFusion processing times using a personal Perl search-and-replace tool. Wrote system to automatically generate 3,200 ColdFusion tempates and convert them to HTML files on a daily basis.
· 1997 - While at Learning Tree International, taught introductory Windows 95 skills and proprietary applications to groups of 40 students.
· 1997 - While at ConnectedHealth.net, performed business requirements analysis for customized web browser. Evaluated and documented customized web browser based on Microsoft Internet Explorer. Compared custom web browser and proprietary push technology to Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 channels – recommended against using custom solution.
1997 – While at Hoechst
· Designed a Java applet (using the Reflection API) that dynamically creates a form, validates input, and then uses WDDX, an XML-based langauge, to send the data to a web server for processing - avoiding the need for JDBC connections.
· Created wddx.pm, a Perl Module that understands the XML-based WDDX data exchange protocol.
1986 – 1996 Prudential
Information Systems Analyst
· Guided a seven-member team to the highest quality award level for three consecutive years.
· Supervised and debugged one of the first file transfer system capable of distributing five megabytes of data to over 1,500 locations on a nightly basis using an SNA network.
· Saved $500,000 in 1995 by converting paper forms to electronic forms. Wrote the first pc-based compiler for the XEROX FSL printer language and designed supporting fonts. This compiler was used in over 500 locations for 7 years - to print FSL form overlays on PCL and PMP printers.
1990 - Bachelor of Science, Computer Software –